Saturday 18 October 2014

Seafood Pad Thai

I love the Pad Thai from my local takeaway but it would be very point heavy as it's oily! I decided to make my own version and it was delicious.



Ingredients:

* 1 courgette (I made it into noodles using a julienne peeler)
* 1/2 carrot cut into thin batons
* handful of mange tout
* 2 baby corn sliced
* 2 small spring onions, sliced
* 1 clove of garlic, chopped
* 1 small piece of ginger, chopped
* 100g mixed seafood frozen

Sauce:

* 30g peanuts, slightly crushed
* 15g Crunchy peanut butter
* tbsp light soy sauce
* splash of fish sauce
* tsp chilli powder

Method:

1. Mix the sauce ingredients together with a desert spoon of water, set aside.
2. Heat the garlic, ginger and spring onions. Add the other veg and seafood.
3. Stir in the sauce and mix well.
4 after about 5 mins add the courgette noodles and stir well

Serves 1 (huge bowl) 9 points

Could also be served with shredded chicken or pork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment