Sunday 10 May 2015

Sniffle Sniffle Cough Cough

I'm full of cold! Since Friday I've been sneezing, coughing, and generally feeling yuk. I've managed to stay on my healthy eating plan throughout, although food is unsatisfying and tasteless. It's made me realise that if I didn't enjoy food so much (as in, the flavours and textures), I would probably be a size 10 by now. It's hard to get excited by food when you know it's not going to taste of anything and will hurt when I swallow it.



I tried making a spicy lentil soup yesterday but even that, was bland and I (very unusually) couldn't finish it. I'm not motivated to plan my meals which is dangerous territory as that would have led to getting takeaways in the past. Thank goodness I'm not craving them now! I have no idea what to have for dinner and I haven't taken any meat out of the freezer as yet. I must have something as I have 15 points and 29 weeklies still to use. 

Overall, week 2 went very well. I lost another 2 pounds which means 8.5lbs since I started back and 12.5lbs from my highest weight. I've cooked some tasty and healthy dinners and my fridge should have its own halo as its full of fruit and vegetables. I'm still struggling to take a packed lunch everyday and I tend to go to the shop to buy something but I've been making good choices and the walk does me good. At the moment, the walk to the supermarket is my only real exercise so I don't feel too guilty. 

This coming week is all about keeping healthy and fighting this cold. Work is also quite stressful so I need to make sure I keep cooking and planning and not taking the takeaway route out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment