Sunday 7 September 2014

Exercise - aaaaaaah!



I took my measurements this morning, after four weeks of weight loss, and was really pleasantly surprised at the losses already. It got me thinking about exercise. I know how important exercise is to weight loss, stamina, organ health, mental health etc but I'm not really an exercise sort of person. I know I need to change.

I don't want to do too much too soon as I won't stick to it but am going to slowly introduce new fitness routines in bit by bit. As well as weight loss, I do want to tone up my body and increase my stamina and I know it will help with saggy skin and when I have fewer ProPoints, it will help with that too! I love swimming but have never really found anything that I enjoy. My doctor has advised against running (thank goodness!) and yoga as I have hyper-mobility and very damaged knees. I also work strange hours, so I never know whether I will finish work at 5 or 6:30pm. However, I can't make excuses. I want this whole health change and I therefore need to change to achieve it.

My plan: 
September: Two walks per week (at least 1 mile)
October: Two walks per week (at least 2 miles), 30 mins beginners aerobics (using YouTube videos) per week
November: One walk per week (at least 3 miles), 30 mins aerobics using YouTube videos per week, 1 swim per week (30mins)
December: 2x 30 mins aerobics using YouTube videos per week, 2x swim per week (30 mins)
January: 1 x higher intensity aerobics using YouTube videos per week, 2x swim per week (40 mins), 1 strength/ tone/ Pilates type class per week
February: 1 x higher intensity aerobics using YouTube videos per week, 1 x swim per week (45 mins), 1 strength/ tone/ Pilates type class per week, 1 x higher impact/ Zumba/ aerobics type class
March: maintain February
April: 30 day shred, 1 x swim (45 mins), 1 strength/ tone/ Pilates type class

I can't yet imagine myself beyond that! Obviously, my plans may change but I do like a plan!

I started off with a 1 mile walk today. It only took 15 mins 20 sec to do 1.09 miles and I burned 164cals according to Map My Walk. Not amazing but it is a big start for someone who has been a couch potato for over a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment