Saturday 6 September 2014

Goal Setting





Today, I've been mulling over BMI, goals and mini targets. I like having little mini goals to achieve along the way and I've started setting some on the right --->. I know this weight loss thing is going to take me a long time and I also know that if I get disheartened about my achievements, I risk giving up and going back to my old, unhealthy ways. 

People keep asking me about how much weight I want to lose and the truth is, I don't know. To be in the 'overweight' BMI category, I need to weigh between 11st 2lbs (156) and 13st 5lbs (187). That seems completely achievable. I really want to lose a nice round number, so to lose 6 stone (to get me to 11st 10lbs/164) would be great. However, that is not an 'officially' healthy weight. To get to a healthy BMI and satisfy my need for round numbers, I need to lose 7 stone (98lbs) to take me to 10 stone 10lbs. I haven't been that weight for more than fourteen years! 

Then there's the part of me that craves a bikini body! I have photos of me wearing one at 10st 10lbs all those years ago and I don't think I look thin enough to wear one. Close, but not close enough. Plus, I'm 14 years older and my skin has been stretched by seven extra stone over that time. I think it'll take at least another stone than that to make it a possibility! So that means I'd need a goal of losing 8 stone! 

After all that rambling, I think I need to just take this one step at a time! My next big goal is to lose 10% of my body weight, so 15st 13lbs (1st 11lbs lost). That is very achievable and not too scary! I hope to be there by the end of November, if not before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment