Thursday 14 August 2014

Changes



Today has been all about changes. For nearly 5 days I've not left the house, spoken to another human being or gotten any fresh air. My apartment is a mess. No, 'mess' isn't the right word. I'm living in a self-destructing bubble that involves wearing my dirty PJs while super glued to the sofa. The filth has built up in my home and even the flies are trying to escape. Getting into my (unmade, dusty) bed is a feat only a hill climber would contemplate and the bathroom, well... Depression sucks. I've actually found myself wanting to be back at work, that should say it all. It should come as no surprise. I mean, if I can't look after my health and body, then why should I have looked after my home? Reading this story http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Vincent made me worry about people finding me in my filth!

Well, today I decided to change. I got up, showered and dressed in clean clothes (amazingly there were some). I faced the stinky bin head-on and left the apartment. I went for a walk down to the harbour where I live, breathed in fresh air and had coffee and fruit. Since then, I've felt motivated enough to get stuck in on the home of horrors! 

So far I've cleared all the washing up, cleaned the bathroom to within an inch of its life and done 2 loads of washing. By the time I go to bed, I will have a clean kitchen and tidy living space. There'll still be lots to do, so here's the plan:

Friday- Hoover living area, clean inside fridge, wash bedding, tidy 100 things in bedroom.
Sat - wash floors in kitchen, living room, hallway and bathroom, finish tidying bedroom, take all bags of rubbish out, Hoover bedroom.
Sun- Dust throughout, wash windows and glass, wash living room curtains, clean oven.

I'm feeling good, motivated and healthy! Still ticking to my WW plan and loving living in a clean(er) space.

No comments:

Post a Comment