Sunday 10 August 2014

Getting Healthy

One of the major reasons I want to lose weight, is to get healthy. In the previous 3 months, I've become completely inactive, moving only from my sofa to my work place. I was eating at least 2 takeaways per week and wasn't cooking my meals properly. My health is becoming more of an issue. I have been diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and have very weak knees. I know I must be teetering on the edge of Type II Diabetes and I have a family history of heart problems and breast cancer.

At 34, it's time to sort myself out before I get really ill. At the moment my most hated ailments are the oily, acne ridden skin as a result of the PCOS and the Sleep Apnoea. There's no guarantee that weight loss will cure either of these conditions but I know they will make them better. 

I can't face exercise at the moment but I know from past experience that after a few losses on the scales, I'll be motivated to get fit! 

Had a positive day, food wise. Nothing special but healthy and on-plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment